NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders

Created by riders for riders, to discuss and organise rides, social gatherings & events

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  B O M Weather MapB O M Weather Map  NSW Meeting Places NSW Meeting Places  
Latest topics
» New to Sydney, no bike yet
Mon Aug 07 2017, 10:31 by kurviger

» New young rider in Sydney
Mon Aug 07 2017, 00:56 by Tomosapien

» Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil
Wed Jul 26 2017, 19:37 by BOB88R

» New to Bikes
Thu Jun 22 2017, 16:17 by chuckchunder

» New member from The Illawarra
Sat Jun 17 2017, 11:09 by Pete

» Return to the fold
Fri Mar 31 2017, 07:42 by Ed

Wed Dec 07 2016, 02:26 by Danielle143

» in the riverina
Sun Oct 30 2016, 23:27 by Jasen Doidge

» Hello Everybody
Fri Feb 12 2016, 07:24 by jd

» Hello everyone !!
Sun Jan 31 2016, 09:39 by Ed

Share | 

Hello everyone !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JourneyMan

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-01-22
Male

PostSubject: Hello everyone !!   Sun Jan 24 2016, 09:20

Hi all,

Thanks for having me.

I guess I give a bit of info about me and my riding history here.

Iíve been a casual rider for more than half my life. †Got the bug as a teenager riding with my sisters believe it or not ? †Iíve had my bike licence since I was 19 and have always been attracted to touring, though had not done a lot until recently Ė thereís something about packing up a few things (though I always take too much) on to a bike and riding away as the sun rises !!

I have only owned a few bikes Ė just on to my third now. †A Kawasaki Z500 to start with (got through my Pís on my sisters 250ís) then after a break while I travelled the country a Yamaha FZ750 when I settled again. †I still have it. †I have recently bought the Triumph as Iíve got right into touring. The touring bug really hit when my best mate and now riding buddy dragged me to New Zealandís to ride a pair of BMW R1200RTís around the South Island for 7 days - †WOW !!! † † What a trip !

Since then weíve done a weeklong tour each year. †One through Vic with me on the old FZ - down the Great Ocean Road to Warrnambool, through Central Vic to Mansfield then up through the amazing King Valley. †Then another through Southern NSW on the Triumph, from Beechworth over and around the high country to Pambula.

Now, with a nice bike in my kit that Iím really starting to get the hang of and some new summer riding gear Iím keen for more than a tour a year plus bits and pieces in-between and riding alone is just not as much fun as with others (my mate lives in Vic)

Hopefully thatís where you guys come in, you sound like a good bunch. †I look forward to going for a ride with all of you which should hopefully be next Sunday on the Mac Pass ride. †Although Iíve a bit of riding experience, Iíve never really ridden in a group situation before so please be gentle with me. †Iíve read various notes about riding in a group but thereís reading about it and then thereís riding it.

Anyway, enough babble Ė hope to catch up with a few of you soon.

P.S. you wonít have to worry about finding me Ė Youíll hear me coming !!

Bernie. † SmileSmile
Back to top Go down
Ed
Admin

Number of posts : 6587
Registration date : 2008-08-04
Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone !!   Sun Jan 24 2016, 11:37

Welcome Bernie. I too love the long distance rides as ppl here will attest to. GOR/Warrnambool, Mansfield, Uluru, Port Macquarie and the Oxley etc, Tasmania, Euston, Nindigully, Boorowa, Texas QLD, Eungella QLD are some places that I and other members have been to. New Zealand is on the list, so advice re that would be welcomed.

NSW Riders is also a member club of the Motorcycle Council of NSW and you'd be welcome to any of the monthly meeting at Ryde X Serviceman's on the first Monday of the month unless it's a public holiday (held the following Monday). The first 2016 meeting is Monday 1 February. Their website is http://www.mccofnsw.org.au/

Along with other overnighters, an annual overnighter that is popular is to Neville, up past Bathurst. Always a great weekend, so hope to see you on that event. Late March or Early April. Still talking with the venue re dates.

Anyway, welcome. I'm hoping to be on the Mac Pass event. Picking up a new bike soon after a recent hit with a roo. Depends on the bike being available and my aching shoulder being up to it. Thanks for joining.

NSW Rider Member # 3
FarRider Member # 481
FR10 # 16 Euston NSW
FR10 # 17 Eungella QLD
FR10 # 18 Nambucca Heads NSW
FR10 # 19 Lightning Ridge NSW
FR10 # 20 Renmark SA
FR10 # 22 Nambucca Heads NSW
FR10 # 23 Bathurst NSW (via Wagga)
FR12 # 26 Mallacoota Vic
FR12 Gold # 28 Nambucca Heads NSW
FR10 #30 Cooroy QLD
FR10 # 37 Texas QLD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone !!   Sun Jan 24 2016, 13:04

Hi Bernie and welcome to a fellow Trumpy rider Wink

I also love cruising along on my Sprint and have done the pilgrimage to the MotoGP in Phillip Island twice.

NZ South Island is definitely on my list, as I have toured the Island in a motorhome and would love to do it again on a bike.
Back to top Go down
jd

Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2009-02-06
Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone !!   Sun Jan 24 2016, 19:46

Welcome to the fray Bernie Smile

Check out the Past Rides section to see about our rides. Ed and I are about to post another ride for February, as well. Feel free to post up questions, articles and other bike stuff you come across. We're a pretty broad church so you'll get to meet guys 'n' gals from all corners of our awesome hobby here.

Cheers!
JD

NSW-R Marshal & Moderator
MCC of NSW Delegate

FarRides 18, 22, 23, 26 & 28 #527
Neville '11, '12, '14, '15, '16
Tassie '13

Justin@NSWRiders.org

Back to top Go down
RossT

Number of posts : 809
Registration date : 2009-08-29
Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone !!   Mon Jan 25 2016, 09:01

Welcome Bernie. Looks like persistence pays.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gulfwestern.com.au
JourneyMan

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-01-22
Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone !!   Sat Jan 30 2016, 22:38

Thanks all,

Yeah Ross, Don't quite know what happened - bit of a glitch somewhere. Ed put me straight. Thank's for your help.

Few comments about NZ so here are some photo's to give an indication of how good it is to those that don't know. Great riding and beautiful scenery and landscapes - every where you look, every day !! a really amazing place - I'd go back in a flash.

If anyone is interested I'll put a slide show up.

Thank for the welcome.

Cheers. B
Back to top Go down
Ed
Admin

Number of posts : 6587
Registration date : 2008-08-04
Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone !!   Sun Jan 31 2016, 09:39

Would love the slide show Bernie. People here have talked of an NZ trip, myself included.

NSW Rider Member # 3
FarRider Member # 481
FR10 # 16 Euston NSW
FR10 # 17 Eungella QLD
FR10 # 18 Nambucca Heads NSW
FR10 # 19 Lightning Ridge NSW
FR10 # 20 Renmark SA
FR10 # 22 Nambucca Heads NSW
FR10 # 23 Bathurst NSW (via Wagga)
FR12 # 26 Mallacoota Vic
FR12 Gold # 28 Nambucca Heads NSW
FR10 #30 Cooroy QLD