NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders

Created by riders for riders, to discuss and organise rides, social gatherings & events

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  B O M Weather MapB O M Weather Map  NSW Meeting Places NSW Meeting Places  
Similar topics
Latest topics
» New to Sydney, no bike yet
Mon Aug 07 2017, 10:31 by kurviger

» New young rider in Sydney
Mon Aug 07 2017, 00:56 by Tomosapien

» Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil
Wed Jul 26 2017, 19:37 by BOB88R

» New to Bikes
Thu Jun 22 2017, 16:17 by chuckchunder

» New member from The Illawarra
Sat Jun 17 2017, 11:09 by Pete

» Return to the fold
Fri Mar 31 2017, 07:42 by Ed

Wed Dec 07 2016, 02:26 by Danielle143

» in the riverina
Sun Oct 30 2016, 23:27 by Jasen Doidge

» Hello Everybody
Fri Feb 12 2016, 07:24 by jd

» Hello everyone !!
Sun Jan 31 2016, 09:39 by Ed

Share | 

Hey from Orange!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EightySix

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-08-20
Male

PostSubject: Hey from Orange!   Wed Aug 20 2014, 19:56

Hey all, thought I'd say g'day!

I'm a member of a few forums, but it never hurts to find a few more and get to know some folk. I'm fairly new to riding, tried it on and off for a few years but for many reasons never really got into it, which changed in November 2012 when I bought a little Postie for commuting which I absolutely loved.

She's parked in the garage, but I've not so long ago bought an old Virago 1100, which suits me to a t! I haven't been riding too much with the crappy weather out here, but I'm looking forward to getting some miles under my belt soon!
Back to top Go down
Ed
Admin

Number of posts : 6587
Registration date : 2008-08-04
Male

PostSubject: Re: Hey from Orange!   Wed Aug 20 2014, 22:35

Welcome Josh, you'd be finding it cold at Orange lately.

You will find a lot of information from the folk here, so don't be afraid to ask questions.

Re being new to riding, there is a great link at the Motorcycle Council of NSW site (we are a member club of the MCC of NSW) called 'Rider risk Videos'. Here is the link:

http://www.mccofnsw.org.au/a/332.html

Another bonus from being a MCC of NSW member club is having access to discounted CTP through Monaland Insurance provided you are over 30. Check the Monaland site @:

https://www.monaland.com.au/nswmcc.html

Stay safe.

NSW Rider Member # 3
FarRider Member # 481
FR10 # 16 Euston NSW
FR10 # 17 Eungella QLD
FR10 # 18 Nambucca Heads NSW
FR10 # 19 Lightning Ridge NSW
FR10 # 20 Renmark SA
FR10 # 22 Nambucca Heads NSW
FR10 # 23 Bathurst NSW (via Wagga)
FR12 # 26 Mallacoota Vic
FR12 Gold # 28 Nambucca Heads NSW
FR10 #30 Cooroy QLD
FR10 # 37 Texas QLD
Back to top Go down
jd

Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2009-02-06
Male

PostSubject: Re: Hey from Orange!   Thu Aug 21 2014, 04:27

Ed wrote:
Welcome Josh, you'd be finding it cold at Orange lately.

Welcome Josh! I used to live and work in Orange... man, I don't miss those cold, frosty mornings! Hope to see you and the Virago out and about when things warm up (a ride to Mount Panorama is drafted for mid-Oct).

JD

NSW-R Marshal & Moderator
MCC of NSW Delegate

FarRides 18, 22, 23, 26 & 28 #527
Neville '11, '12, '14, '15, '16
Tassie '13

Justin@NSWRiders.org

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey from Orange!   Thu Aug 21 2014, 04:48

Welcome Josh, we'll be out at Oconnell Pub for lunch at the long weekend in October.
Come say hi if you have time.
Back to top Go down
EightySix

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hey from Orange!   Thu Aug 21 2014, 18:28

Hey Ed, thanks very much for that link though I think Iíve seen a fair few of those videos on Youtube? Iíve got to admit Iím quite comfortable riding around town but I just havenít got out of town enough to feel comfortable with corners yet, but practice makes perfect and Iíll take it easy to begin with, Iím no speed freak which is something that plays in my favour (or so I think anyway). Unfortunately for me Iím not quite yet 30, which is screwing me on all fronts as far as insurance is concerned - never mind the only fine I have ever received is a single bloody parking ticket!

JD, itís a real bugger for riding at this time of the year, I get up in the morning with the intention to ride but end up sitting in my car instead, but come 5PM and knock-off I wish Iíd ridden the bike! That said, the cold weather in winter is much preferable to hot weather in Summer, Iím a hefty bloke and I hate the heat!

ChucknCath, that sounds great, now that Iím no longer working shift work (as of 3 weeks ago) itís going to be a lot easier to commit to things like that, shoot me a message closer to the date and Iíll see what I can do - it would be good to make friends with some riders, only a few acquantences of mine ride and they arenít too keen on hanging out with a bloke on a Virago, seem to think I wouldnít be able to keep up!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey from Orange!   Thu Aug 21 2014, 19:16

Josh it's part of a group ride were doing on the October long weekend.

CLICK HERE. for details
Back to top Go down
EightySix

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hey from Orange!   Thu Aug 21 2014, 20:41

Thanks for that Charlie, looks like I'm on the wrong bloody end of things but I'll still try to get out that way for a meet up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey from Orange!   

Back to top Go down

Hey from Orange!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1