NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders

Created by riders for riders, to discuss and organise rides, social gatherings & events

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  B O M Weather MapB O M Weather Map  NSW Meeting Places NSW Meeting Places  
Similar topics
Latest topics
» New to Sydney, no bike yet
Mon Aug 07 2017, 10:31 by kurviger

» New young rider in Sydney
Mon Aug 07 2017, 00:56 by Tomosapien

» Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil
Wed Jul 26 2017, 19:37 by BOB88R

» New to Bikes
Thu Jun 22 2017, 16:17 by chuckchunder

» New member from The Illawarra
Sat Jun 17 2017, 11:09 by Pete

» Return to the fold
Fri Mar 31 2017, 07:42 by Ed

Wed Dec 07 2016, 02:26 by Danielle143

» in the riverina
Sun Oct 30 2016, 23:27 by Jasen Doidge

» Hello Everybody
Fri Feb 12 2016, 07:24 by jd

» Hello everyone !!
Sun Jan 31 2016, 09:39 by Ed

Share | 

Western Suburbs, Syd. Hi all. New to the forum. CB400.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
justin_es

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2014-06-01
Male

PostSubject: Western Suburbs, Syd. Hi all. New to the forum. CB400.   Sun Jun 01 2014, 17:20

Hey everyone I am going to cut and paste my intro from a few other forums I have signed up to today in case someone has seen it before :-)

Good day peoples.
My name is Justin from western suburbs of Sydney NSW.
Bit of a larrikin, Love to laugh not normally too serious.
While I have ridden a lot of trail in my teen years I'm now 28 and starting my life riding on road.
Always loved bikes but never got round to getting on one.
Now that I'm on one I regret waiting so long :-)

I bought myself a Yellow 2008 Honda CB400SF. While my history is I love and drive V8's the High Torque V-Twin motors where quite appealing to me but when I laid my eyes on the high revving Honda and rode it I never looked back. Top quality built and finish.

I'm interested in cruises in my local area and very interested in getting in touch with fellow CB400 riders so I can pick their brains for any thing I might need to ask as at this point in time I have a lot of questions and a lot to learn about the bike :-)

I am a family man so while I would be lying if I said I never give it a good squirt I'm just looking for good reasonably sensible fun.

Anyways
The bike is currently standard (Will post some pics up later) apart from a tail tidy, red wheel tape and lowered handle bars. Cant even really classify them as mods LOL

I have a few small things I want to do to pick its game up a little as I want to hold onto it for a couple of years and not get rid of it as soon as I'm off my p's otherwise I wouldn't waste my time and money :-)

Also most upgrades are pretty much ride quality and smooth performance im not actually looking for MORE POWER as such :-)

Most of these will all be when current one's need replacing not just do it for the sake of it :-)
*I want to do the 520 chain and sprockets conversion. (Look into getting speedo corrected as I already suspect its out).
*lighter brake discs
*better quality wheel bearings
*Slip on muffler.
*K&N air filter but going to see what I can do with the restrictive airbox to modify it once I open it up (someone may already have some insight on this?) (I'm in the understanding there is a removable baffle in the air box that reduces airflow to help make it learner legal?) is this correct?
*5 point earthing mod.
*power commander to make sure its all running pristine and at peak performance every time I ride.
*Stiffen up shocks a little as I way over 100kg but that's just via the standard adjustments no big $$$ upgrades and tiny bit of extra oil in the forks to help with the rebound and stiffening.
*few other bits and pieces to dress it up to make it my own like adjustable levers, new fuel tank cap etc.
*And of course a good quality front to back service with iridium plugs. valve clearance check etc.

Throw me a g'day back and looking forward to being part of the community.

Cheers guys.
Back to top Go down
jd

Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2009-02-06
Male

PostSubject: Re: Western Suburbs, Syd. Hi all. New to the forum. CB400.   Mon Jun 02 2014, 05:26

Welcome Justin!
Sounds like some nice plans for your bike. Keep an eye on the forum to see upcoming rides - hope to see you on a spin one day soon.

Bring on new Honda members Smile

JD

NSW-R Marshal & Moderator
MCC of NSW Delegate

FarRides 18, 22, 23, 26 & 28 #527
Neville '11, '12, '14, '15, '16
Tassie '13

Justin@NSWRiders.org

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Western Suburbs, Syd. Hi all. New to the forum. CB400.   Mon Jun 02 2014, 05:50

Welcome Justin, we have some great sensible rides and riders on this forum, so you've come to the right place,(especially if you like to eat  pig )

Welcome  cheers
Back to top Go down
justin_es

Male

PostSubject: Re: Western Suburbs, Syd. Hi all. New to the forum. CB400.   Mon Jun 02 2014, 15:34

If I like to eat? Sounds right up my alley. Lol.
Thanks for the hello guys.
Where is all the cb400 riders at. Have so many questions to ask :-)
Back to top Go down
jd

Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2009-02-06
Male

PostSubject: Re: Western Suburbs, Syd. Hi all. New to the forum. CB400.   Tue Jun 03 2014, 03:34

justin_es wrote:
If I like to eat? Sounds right up my alley. Lol.
Thanks for the hello guys.
Where is all the cb400 riders at. Have so many questions to ask :-)

Some of the very mechanically-minded guys here can probably answer your questions, even though they ride Kawasaki's....  Rolling Eyes 

NSW-R Marshal & Moderator
MCC of NSW Delegate

FarRides 18, 22, 23, 26 & 28 #527
Neville '11, '12, '14, '15, '16
Tassie '13

Justin@NSWRiders.org

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Western Suburbs, Syd. Hi all. New to the forum. CB400.   Tue Jun 03 2014, 05:00

jd wrote:
Some of the very mechanically-minded guys here can probably answer your questions, even though they ride PINK Kawasaki's....  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
justin_es

Male

PostSubject: Re: Western Suburbs, Syd. Hi all. New to the forum. CB400.   Tue Jun 03 2014, 22:11

Its mainly about the restrictors in the cb400.
Im intetested in the air box restrictor.
Is it a simple open box unscrew and removal job and its a full open air box or not really? The whole air box is moulded smaller to restrict air flow?
Back to top Go down
Greenblood

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2009-02-19
Male

PostSubject: Re: Western Suburbs, Syd. Hi all. New to the forum. CB400.   Sat Jun 07 2014, 13:18

Hi Justin,

My suggestion is to ride the bike for what it is, maybe personalise it a bit and replace the front springs for your weight. Better tyres will help too.

Forget the rest. Save your money for the next bike, the one you would really like to keep.

If you want to improve something, work on your riding skills instead, as this will serve you better than any modification to a bike.

Oh the next bike you would really like to keep is a zx10r..........a green one of course.

"If you can't do it, chase someone who can!"
Back to top Go down
justin_es

Male

PostSubject: Re: Western Suburbs, Syd. Hi all. New to the forum. CB400.   Sat Jun 07 2014, 15:51

Yeah I have decided just a good service.
Some new tyres.
Just a slip on muffler for a little niose and thats it.
Like you said just a few little peices here and there to personalise it a little.
Oh I have decided the bike I really want to keep is a ZX10R in green.
Wait hang on? Lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Western Suburbs, Syd. Hi all. New to the forum. CB400.   

Back to top Go down

Western Suburbs, Syd. Hi all. New to the forum. CB400.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1