NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders

Created by riders for riders, to discuss and organise rides, social gatherings & events

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  B O M Weather MapB O M Weather Map  NSW Meeting Places NSW Meeting Places  
Similar topics
Latest topics
» New to Sydney, no bike yet
Mon Aug 07 2017, 10:31 by kurviger

» New young rider in Sydney
Mon Aug 07 2017, 00:56 by Tomosapien

» Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil
Wed Jul 26 2017, 19:37 by BOB88R

» New to Bikes
Thu Jun 22 2017, 16:17 by chuckchunder

» New member from The Illawarra
Sat Jun 17 2017, 11:09 by Pete

» Return to the fold
Fri Mar 31 2017, 07:42 by Ed

Wed Dec 07 2016, 02:26 by Danielle143

» in the riverina
Sun Oct 30 2016, 23:27 by Jasen Doidge

» Hello Everybody
Fri Feb 12 2016, 07:24 by jd

» Hello everyone !!
Sun Jan 31 2016, 09:39 by Ed

Share | 

Bikeless newbie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Bikeless newbie   Sat Sep 03 2011, 12:40

Hey hey,

Shortie rider here who is currently bikeless. I've owned a couple VTR250s and hoping to get another bike soon. I haven't ridden since January this year and I'm just itching to ride again. On beautiful days like today I just wish I was on the bike losing myself on some twisties.

Hope to see you guys out on a ride one day.
Back to top Go down
toxicatedbrat

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-12-09
Male

PostSubject: Re: Bikeless newbie   Sat Sep 03 2011, 14:56

Agreed! Officially spring now. It's only going to get better. Enough of layer upon layer of clothing before every ride. I was bikeless myself for around 4 years before I got my current one. I know that feeling of sinking whenever a two wheeled motor zipped past me. I'm all smiles now though.
Buy urself a bike, get a smile back on...
Back to top Go down
jd

Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2009-02-06
Male

PostSubject: Re: Bikeless newbie   Sat Sep 03 2011, 15:28

Welcome Steph!! I have some good news for you. If you're after a VT250, Matchstick (on this forum) is selling hers. It's in great nick. Pm either one of us if your interested. You might be making the most of this beautiful weather before you know it Smile

Nonetheless, enjoy the forum, perhaps even come along to the start point of a ride to meet and greet! You might see some bikes you like.

Cheers
JD

NSW-R Marshal & Moderator
MCC of NSW Delegate

FarRides 18, 22, 23, 26 & 28 #527
Neville '11, '12, '14, '15, '16
Tassie '13

Justin@NSWRiders.org

Back to top Go down
sugarcoatedprincess

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-04-14
Female

PostSubject: Re: Bikeless newbie   Sat Sep 03 2011, 16:29

Welcome to the site. It's definitely the time of the year to be out riding.

If you're after a learner legal Suzuki GSX650 (its been lowered) PM me as Im selling mine also
Back to top Go down
b1b2

Number of posts : 3510
Registration date : 2008-08-05
Male

PostSubject: Re: Bikeless newbie   Mon Sep 05 2011, 08:45

welcome
look fwd to the new bike soon(ish) cheers

FR #483, NSWR #4, Wakefield $50 Lic #243*0 What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.it
Kris

Number of posts : 2542
Registration date : 2008-08-19
Male

PostSubject: Re: Bikeless newbie   Mon Sep 05 2011, 16:45

yeah you're welcome mate come and join us when you new bike... cheers

Riding should be fun.
Riding within your limits makes it enjoyable.
Riding over the limits is challenging and risk yourself.

NSW Rider Member # 1
Back to top Go down
12gauge

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-03-18
Male

PostSubject: Re: Bikeless newbie   Mon Sep 05 2011, 18:42

Welcome aboard,
If you're that desperate for a ride, there's always room for one more on the 12.... Although no one's been stupid game enough to take me up on that yet?? scratch

I had an exorcism done once, but couldn't afford to pay for it.
So I was Re-Possessed. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bikeless newbie   Mon Sep 05 2011, 21:16

Thanks for the welcome! Finances mean I probably won't be able to get a bike until early next year.

I'm on my fulls but only ever ridden the VTR250. Any suggestions on 600s a midget could fit? My budget will probably be about $3.5 to $4k.

A friend suggested the ER6n with lowering link, but it looks like it's out of my budget; the Street Triple with link, but I saw one at Pie in the Sky on the weekend and it looks like it doesn't have much room to drop it. It was a bit demoralising seeing all the bikes at PITS and not being one of the riders. But so many nice bikes to perv on.

Thanks for the offer 12guage. Put a guinea pig on the back, and if it survives, I might take you up on the offer one day.
Back to top Go down
12gauge

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-03-18
Male

PostSubject: Re: Bikeless newbie   Mon Sep 05 2011, 22:39

starlight wrote:
Thanks for the offer 12guage. Put a guinea pig on the back, and if it survives, I might take you up on the offer one day.

OOPs, already tried that, but I figure humans should be able to handle the G forces better.... No guarantees though.

I had an exorcism done once, but couldn't afford to pay for it.
So I was Re-Possessed. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
toppcat

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-04-20
Male

PostSubject: Re: Bikeless newbie   Wed Sep 07 2011, 09:17

Starlight wrote:
I'm on my fulls but only ever ridden the VTR250. Any suggestions on 600s a midget could fit? My budget will probably be about $3.5 to $4k.

A friend suggested the ER6n with lowering link, but it looks like it's out of my budget; the Street Triple with link, but I saw one at Pie in the Sky on the weekend and it looks like it doesn't have much room to drop it. It was a bit demoralising seeing all the bikes at PITS and not being one of the riders. But so many nice bikes to perv on.

Hello Starlight.
My partner is short on in the height department, and when we looked at upgrading from her GPX 250 we opted for the Suzuki SV650s. It's already fairly low, however I fitted a lowering link to it and she's happy as!. It's a 2000 model and we picked it up for $4,000 on ebay last year. They are a little bit cheaper now. Good luck with your search.
Back to top Go down
jd

Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2009-02-06
Male

PostSubject: Re: Bikeless newbie   Wed Sep 07 2011, 10:23

starlight wrote:

A friend suggested the ER6n with lowering link, but it looks like it's out of my budget; the Street Triple with link, but I saw one at Pie in the Sky on the weekend...

I went from a CBR250RR to A CB600F (Hornet) and was fine. You might not be a fan of the Hornet, but I highly recommend going for a bike bigger the 250 if your on your fulls, even if it's only a 400 even. I found by getting onto a very user friendly 600, the shift to a bigger bike was easy and my riding skills dealing with more power and weight came naturally.

JD

NSW-R Marshal & Moderator
MCC of NSW Delegate

FarRides 18, 22, 23, 26 & 28 #527
Neville '11, '12, '14, '15, '16
Tassie '13

Justin@NSWRiders.org

Back to top Go down
orendan

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-05-08
Male

PostSubject: Re: Bikeless newbie   Wed Sep 07 2011, 14:16

If you are interested I have a Hyosung Comet 650 that you can ride. If your interested you could even buy it off me. It's my commute bike but I think it is about time to good bye to it.
Let me know if your interested even if it is for a ride.
Back to top Go down
gixer04

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2011-01-16
Male

PostSubject: Re: Bikeless newbie   Wed Sep 07 2011, 17:30

hi steph
welcome to nsw riders, my son has a 650 hyosung and he is not the tallest kid in the world ,
has no trouble touching the ground. they are a decent bike, you can pick them up at a fair price to. if you do buy one make sure it is no earlier than 2008 model anything before that had a few problems. hope this helps in some way. if you want any more info on them you can pm me and i will tell you every thing i know about them.
cheers bruce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bikeless newbie   Thu Sep 08 2011, 09:34

Thanks guys. I've had a look at the seat height of the SV - it's 800mm? That's high for me (Wikipedia says the seat height of the VTR is 760mm and I had maybe another 10mm shaved out of the seat).

A quick search on the Hyo shows it seems to be slightly lower than the SV? I've sat on the Hyo GTR250 and couldn't reach the ground though. I've never really considered Hyos before because of the bad rep they have, but midgets can't really be choosers when it comes to bikes.

I can just reach the ground on the '10 Monsters, but alas, the bloody bike is way out of my price range.

Thanks for offering to let me ride your bike orendan! I appreciate it, but if I ever damaged someone's bike, the guilt would kill me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bikeless newbie   Thu Sep 08 2011, 09:47

I know theyre not everyone's cup of tea but have you thought about a cruiser ? Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bikeless newbie   Mon Sep 12 2011, 14:30

I haven't explored cruisers because I don't think they're my cup of tea sorry. No offence!

I have a Buell mate who might be able to pillion me on a ride with you guys one day so I can come and do some bike perving and sit on some bikes, if you'll kindly let me Smile
Back to top Go down
MoNo_MaN

Number of posts : 3538
Registration date : 2009-03-02
Male

PostSubject: Re: Bikeless newbie   Mon Sep 12 2011, 18:10

The bad rep for the hyosungs was earned from their earlier models and from what I hear rightly so, but as gixer04 mentioned the later models are much better, I have heard only good things from those who own the later models, and due to the bad rep they received for their earlier models they are priced well.

Have you looked at the GSF600 (or 650)? Well, at least the name is something like that ...Razz .

I have used it a couple of times as a hire bike while mine was getting serviced. It was a nice ride with good smooth power delivery. It felt low to me, but compared to the Daytona everything is low so maybe its not as low as I think.

PostSubject: Re: Bikeless newbie   

Back to top Go down

Bikeless newbie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1