NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders

Created by riders for riders, to discuss and organise rides, social gatherings & events

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  B O M Weather MapB O M Weather Map  NSW Meeting Places NSW Meeting Places  

Share | 

My name is Duke and I haven't started my bike for 2 years now

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dukevon

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-08-15
Male

PostSubject: My name is Duke and I haven't started my bike for 2 years now   Mon Aug 15 2011, 14:48

...however... it's gathering dust in my café in Randwick. (Suzuki GSXR600K1 left..)

Hi folks!!! I was looking through my referrer log for my website and saw that one of you lovely people have linked to me:

b1b2 wrote:

theres this fine cafe in Randwick run by a motorcyclist - hes really into whats hes doing. oh yeah i know hes big with other forum/club but i dont see a major problem.
Pls check out his menu too, some good stuffs there

dukeslounge.wordpress .com/

So I thought I'd say hi! Smile

a quick introduction includes the fact that I'm currently an inactive rider...due to the nature of my business atm, I don't have time to saddle up.. or the money just yet... however, if you folks need anything at all that I can provide.. please let me know. I'm happy to serve fellow riders - because that's what we do.

...and also, (this will come up eventually) so I'll say it out right now:
Yes, I am the creator of another online motorcycle forum.
I'm 'inactive' on my own forum but I work fulltime on the backend side (server upkeep, forum upkeep/maintenance... paying the bills...and all the headaches that come with running a forum Razz )

I will not mention what group because that's not what I'm here for..
I'm here to give a sincere thank you for having NSWriders referring a link to my business Smile

anyways - I have a tendency to type too much so I'll end it now.
Thank you once again peeps!
Ride safe - stick together - stay united - help each other and look out for one another.
The greatest gift of all is friendship and the 2 wheels that happen to be involved just make it that much more awesome Wink

Come by and say hi at the Café sometimes - I'll make sure you get looked after well. If you bring us a picture of your ride to put up on our wall then there's plenty of space for that too! hehe

Cool

Back to top Go down
Ed
Admin

Number of posts : 6588
Registration date : 2008-08-04
Male

PostSubject: Re: My name is Duke and I haven't started my bike for 2 years now   Mon Aug 15 2011, 15:37

Thanks Duke, great to hear from you and welcome. I'll plan a group ride to meet you in the near future.

NSW Rider Member # 3
FarRider Member # 481
FR10 # 16 Euston NSW
FR10 # 17 Eungella QLD
FR10 # 18 Nambucca Heads NSW
FR10 # 19 Lightning Ridge NSW
FR10 # 20 Renmark SA
FR10 # 22 Nambucca Heads NSW
FR10 # 23 Bathurst NSW (via Wagga)
FR12 # 26 Mallacoota Vic
FR12 Gold # 28 Nambucca Heads NSW
FR10 #30 Cooroy QLD
FR10 # 37 Texas QLD
Back to top Go down
b1b2

Number of posts : 3510
Registration date : 2008-08-05
Male

PostSubject: Re: My name is Duke and I haven't started my bike for 2 years now   Mon Aug 15 2011, 16:41

speak of the devil ! Shocked
me & my partner* love coffees (@9am & after) so we'll drop in nxt time
*shame she never started her bike either Neutral

good to hear fr ya Duke & welcome !
it goes back to Netrider days Razz

FR #483, NSWR #4, Wakefield $50 Lic #243*0 What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.it

PostSubject: Re: My name is Duke and I haven't started my bike for 2 years now   Mon Aug 15 2011, 18:22

dukevon wrote:

Ride safe - stick together - stay united - help each other and look out for one another.
The greatest gift of all is friendship and the 2 wheels that happen to be involved just make it that much more awesome Wink

What he said. flower
Back to top Go down
jd

Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2009-02-06
Male

PostSubject: Re: My name is Duke and I haven't started my bike for 2 years now   Tue Aug 16 2011, 01:56

Good stuff Duke! I'm sure Kris appreciates what your saying there about backend work Smile

NSW-R Marshal & Moderator
MCC of NSW Delegate

FarRides 18, 22, 23, 26 & 28 #527
Neville '11, '12, '14, '15, '16
Tassie '13

Justin@NSWRiders.org

Back to top Go down
dukevon

Male

PostSubject: Re: My name is Duke and I haven't started my bike for 2 years now   Tue Aug 16 2011, 07:57

Thanks guys for the warm welcome Smile
The second I get my bike back on the road - I'd be riding with you guys too!

Ed wrote:
Thanks Duke, great to hear from you and welcome. I'll plan a group ride to meet you in the near future.

Thanks Ed! Looking forward to serving NSWRiders Very Happy

b1b2 wrote:
good to hear fr ya Duke & welcome !
it goes back to Netrider days

haha - omg... Netrider felt like a lifetime ago Razz Great times... I was so young... peddling around my Yamaha Virago hahaha

jd wrote:
Good stuff Duke! I'm sure Kris appreciates what your saying there about backend work Smile

hahaha.... yeah.... I think if we'd sit down and have a chat... we'd need days and days to rant it out Razz
Back to top Go down
gixer04

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2011-01-16
Male

PostSubject: Re: My name is Duke and I haven't started my bike for 2 years now   Wed Aug 17 2011, 15:32

The greatest gift of all is friendship and the 2 wheels that happen to be involved just make it that much more awesome Cool

how cool is this paragraph

Back to top Go down
Kris

Number of posts : 2542
Registration date : 2008-08-19
Male

PostSubject: Re: My name is Duke and I haven't started my bike for 2 years now   Thu Aug 18 2011, 13:07

Welcome to the forum Duke.. Razz

Riding should be fun.
Riding within your limits makes it enjoyable.
Riding over the limits is challenging and risk yourself.

NSW Rider Member # 1
Back to top Go down
dukevon

Male

PostSubject: Re: My name is Duke and I haven't started my bike for 2 years now   Fri Aug 19 2011, 19:55

thanks Gixer04 and Kris Smile
Nice to see a good mix of riders here - GSXR's (and, ofcourse, other sportsbikes Razz , and Cruisers)

Makes me wanna get my bike back on the road and ride with you guys!!!
I love cruisers, I used to own a Virago which I sold only a few months ago. It used to sit in my cafe as well, along with the GSXR... but it was taking up too much space and I needed more seating... so she had to go Sad )

Back to top Go down
BBNorm

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2008-08-18
Male

PostSubject: Re: My name is Duke and I haven't started my bike for 2 years now   Fri Aug 19 2011, 21:52

Welcome Duke. Its a shame you dont have time to ride.cheers
Back to top Go down
jd

Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2009-02-06
Male

PostSubject: Re: My name is Duke and I haven't started my bike for 2 years now   Sat Aug 20 2011, 11:36

gixer04 wrote:
The greatest gift of all is friendship and the 2 wheels that happen to be involved just make it that much more awesome Cool

I like "Christians go to church... Bikers go for rides." but, um, what if your a Christian rider? Oh well... Bike ride it is!

NSW-R Marshal & Moderator
MCC of NSW Delegate

FarRides 18, 22, 23, 26 & 28 #527
Neville '11, '12, '14, '15, '16
Tassie '13

Justin@NSWRiders.org

Back to top Go down
gixer04

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2011-01-16
Male

PostSubject: Re: My name is Duke and I haven't started my bike for 2 years now   Sat Aug 20 2011, 15:29

jd wrote:
gixer04 wrote:

I like "Christians go to church... Bikers go for rides." but, um, what if your a Christian rider? Oh well... Bike ride it is!
bike ride to church
Back to top Go down
12gauge

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-03-18
Male

PostSubject: Re: My name is Duke and I haven't started my bike for 2 years now   Sat Aug 20 2011, 16:18

gixer04 wrote:
jd wrote:
gixer04 wrote:

bike ride to church
In Bathurst! Laughing

I had an exorcism done once, but couldn't afford to pay for it.
So I was Re-Possessed. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My name is Duke and I haven't started my bike for 2 years now   

Back to top Go down

My name is Duke and I haven't started my bike for 2 years now
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1