NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders

Created by riders for riders, to discuss and organise rides, social gatherings & events

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  B O M Weather MapB O M Weather Map  NSW Meeting Places NSW Meeting Places  
Similar topics
Latest topics
» New to Sydney, no bike yet
Mon Aug 07 2017, 10:31 by kurviger

» New young rider in Sydney
Mon Aug 07 2017, 00:56 by Tomosapien

» Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil
Wed Jul 26 2017, 19:37 by BOB88R

» New to Bikes
Thu Jun 22 2017, 16:17 by chuckchunder

» New member from The Illawarra
Sat Jun 17 2017, 11:09 by Pete

» Return to the fold
Fri Mar 31 2017, 07:42 by Ed

Wed Dec 07 2016, 02:26 by Danielle143

» in the riverina
Sun Oct 30 2016, 23:27 by Jasen Doidge

» Hello Everybody
Fri Feb 12 2016, 07:24 by jd

» Hello everyone !!
Sun Jan 31 2016, 09:39 by Ed

Share | 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kawa Ken

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-05
Male

PostSubject: Newbie   Tue Jul 06 2010, 18:00

First topic message reminder :

G'day All,

My name is Ken and I ride a 2008 Kawasaki ER6-F. I have just recently got back on a bike after a few years (more than I liked) away from them. I was a bit of a lad on bikes when I was younger and the last big bike I owned was a GPZ 900R. I have owned a few road/trails since then as well as being an Instructor / Licensing Officer for bikes in the Army. Now that the kids are older and the wife now being an ex I decided to get the leg back over a bike again.

The little 650 is just right for me to get my skills back again and something to have some fun on the weekends with.

I met a few of the Guys and Gal at the MCC meeting last night so I thought I would join up here and say G'day.

I hope to catch up with some of you soon on a ride.

Ken

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Kawa Ken

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-05
Male

PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Fri Jul 09 2010, 18:08

caggers wrote:
Haha sorry mate, 'retro bikes' then.
Interesting how bikes have changed so much in the last 20-30 years. I imagine those gpz's would have been alot heavier than their modern equivalents? I sat on a yamaha xj900- think it was early 90's or possibly 80's, was damn heavy.

Yep a little bit on the heavy side, about 250 kgs with full tank. The 16 front and 18 rear tyres were a bit of a strange combo but it worked. Shod with Pirelli Phantoms, it used to handle very well.
Back to top Go down
Baz

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2010-05-16
Male

PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Fri Jul 09 2010, 19:19

I ditched the GPZ in 1996 and bought a cage, then I had a unfortunate break from motorcycling, then bought a Hyosung GV650 2006, then I needed 4 cylinders and got the Bandit S in 2009 and have been happy ever since ditching the the GPZ ... whose only failure in the end was the exhaust pipes after me taking it over a road that should not have been attempted .. I could have got a new pipe & exhaust and it would of kept on going .. had a lot of fun on the GPZ and it was that bike that really taught me how to ride .. even though before that i had a Honda 125 trail , Kawasaki 250, Yamaha SR500 single.
Back to top Go down
Foster Kaizen

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-04-18
Male

PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Fri Jul 09 2010, 22:35

ah the good old days, my yamy 360 trail was such a great ride, take all the air out of the tires for the dunes at kurnel, or open it up to 160km thru the airprt tunnel on general holms drive... when I was young and indistructable...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2