NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders

Created by riders for riders, to discuss and organise rides, social gatherings & events

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  B O M Weather MapB O M Weather Map  NSW Meeting Places NSW Meeting Places  

Share | 

Greetings from Adelaide - moving to Newcastle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vex

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-02-14
Female

PostSubject: Greetings from Adelaide - moving to Newcastle   Sun Feb 14 2010, 12:28

Hi there peeps!

As per the title, hubby (Frags) and I will be moving to Newcastle this year for his work. He rides a '09 ZX6R and I a '09 CBR600RR. Both of us have been riding for a while - the bikes that have previously been a part of our family: '02 GPX250, SV650S K6 and a '00 ZX6R. We were expecting to move later this year, but Frags got a phone call from the brass at his work saying that they might want him to move next month. I will follow in a couple months hence, fingers crossed.

Anyone here from Newie? Keen to be shown good roads to carve over that way. Only popular road I've heard that way is the Putty Road, but that's all the way over to Singleton!

Hope to get to know you all soon!

Tash
Back to top Go down
Ronin8

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2009-02-10
Male

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Adelaide - moving to Newcastle   Sun Feb 14 2010, 12:31

Welcome Tash there should be someone to help you here i dont know the roads real well in that area as i only gone pass it on the way to either Byron or the Gold Coast.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Adelaide - moving to Newcastle   Sun Feb 14 2010, 12:44

hi tash welcome to the site
Back to top Go down
VFR

Number of posts : 3762
Registration date : 2008-08-17
Male

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Adelaide - moving to Newcastle   Sun Feb 14 2010, 13:53

welcome to the site cheers

plenty of rides you could enjoy. last wednesday there was a central coast ride thats not far from newcastle
Back to top Go down
coda

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-09-28
Male

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Adelaide - moving to Newcastle   Sun Feb 14 2010, 18:43

Welcome to the Forum Vex
Back to top Go down
Vex

Female

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Adelaide - moving to Newcastle   Mon Feb 15 2010, 21:39

Thanks guys.

Well it's official - Frags is moving next month, date to be confirmed tomorrow. I have a horrible feeling that it's going to be in the beginning of the month, ie 2 weeks away. Not happy about being separated for up to 7 months, so doing all I can to get there earlier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Adelaide - moving to Newcastle   Thu Feb 18 2010, 14:37

Hi Tash, Welcome to NSW Riders Smile

I can understand about not being happy at the separation but I get a funny feeling it wont be nearly as long as you think Smile

Hope to see you both on a ride
Back to top Go down
CybaGirl™

Number of posts : 1405
Registration date : 2009-11-22
Female

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Adelaide - moving to Newcastle   Thu Feb 18 2010, 19:53

Welcome.

I use to live in Newcastle and there are plenty of great places to go riding around up there.

There is a few guys up there I know who are always looking for people to ride with. We organized a ride back in January when I went up there to see my brother and it was a great day.

They were talking about making it a monthly event. But I haven't heard anything more about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kawariders.com.au
MoNo_MaN

Number of posts : 3538
Registration date : 2009-03-02
Male

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Adelaide - moving to Newcastle   Thu Feb 18 2010, 20:41

Welcome, we frequently do putty rides and for those in south sydney its a damn long way, but well worth it!

Female

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Adelaide - moving to Newcastle   Thu Feb 18 2010, 20:58

Thanks peeps - move will be delayed a bit as Frags' posting has been postponed - gotta love the RAAF....grrrr. Likely move later in the year.

Definitely looking forward to the Putty Road runs - have heard good things about that Road. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cameron

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2008-08-17
Male

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Adelaide - moving to Newcastle   Thu Feb 18 2010, 21:44

Welcome. Putty is my favorite ride in the whole wide world.
Catch ya on the road soon.
Back to top Go down
Dagoose

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-03-06
Male

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Adelaide - moving to Newcastle   Sat Mar 06 2010, 10:21

Will see you over there Tash, I'm movin there later in year too..
Back to top Go down
Vex

Female

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Adelaide - moving to Newcastle   Sat Mar 06 2010, 11:48

awesome! Sorry been a bit quite peeps - been busy with study (that I'm behind on) and a knee op.
Back to top Go down
Kris

Number of posts : 2542
Registration date : 2008-08-19
Male

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Adelaide - moving to Newcastle   Sat Mar 06 2010, 15:26

WElcome to the website Tash.....

Riding should be fun.
Riding within your limits makes it enjoyable.
Riding over the limits is challenging and risk yourself.

NSW Rider Member # 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Adelaide - moving to Newcastle   

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Adelaide - moving to Newcastle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1