NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders

Created by riders for riders, to discuss and organise rides, social gatherings & events

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  B O M Weather MapB O M Weather Map  NSW Meeting Places NSW Meeting Places  

Share | 

Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CybaGirl™

Number of posts : 1405
Registration date : 2009-11-22
Female

PostSubject: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Sun Nov 22 2009, 16:02

Hey everyone, well I’m a n00bie to the forum but not a n00bie to bikes Smile.

Came across the forum from a business card I obtained from the recent Pink Ribbon ride day.

Where do I start?

I guess from the beginning would be best, wouldn't it? So here goes.

Went for my bike license back in 98 if my memory serves me right... Or perhaps it was 99 not to sure now ....

Anyway...

My first bike was a Yamaha RZ250R ahhhhh I miss that smell (two stroke for those that dont know) that I purchased for $1000.00. I learnt to ride on this bike and I received my full license on it as well.

My second bike and was my dream bike ever since I can remember, was a Yamaha RZ500 another two stroke which I purchased for $1500.00. This was an awesome bike! WOOO HOOO the power ban was a real hoot on this when it kicked in!

My third bike was a Kawasaki GPX600R which I obtained by swapping for my Yamaha RZ250R.

Sold all my bikes or should I say gave all my bikes away back in 2002. ARGH the mistakes we make when we make poor choices in partners!

Ok let's fast forward, as I am sure you don't want to read about that miserable part of my life Laughing...

Now it's 2009 and back in 2006 my new dream bike was born in the form of a Special Edition 2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R. Recently my new dream bike became a reality and it must of been fate as I have been wanting one of these bikes for a quite a while and I only came across this particular one while going to my mechanics workshop to have the LPG tank replaced in my car. Otherwise I would not have seen her.

She caught my eye just as I was about to turn the corner and it seemed like she was screaming out to me Smile.

So I pulled into the dealer, had a quick look and said to the salesman I will be back later. That later ended up being a couple days later on the Friday. Now as soon as the salesman started her up for me, I knew I was sold on her. She sounded so hot thanks to the Jardine exhaust system and I couldn't wait to take her for a test ride.

When I came back the salesman said to me I know you want this bike!

I said how do you know that?

He said I can tell by the smile on your face!

I said maybe Laughing... Why is it that obvious???

I then said to him. But first we have to discuss price and I am going to be paying cash as in real money so I would like a good deal. Anyway we haggled for a little while, but we didn't really come to a mutual agreement, so I said I will have think about it.

As I proceeded out of the dealer I must say I felt a little sad about having to walk away. As it felt like she was looking at me and as I walked past her, it felt like she whispered something to me. Something like....

"Please, don't go! Please don't leave me here! Please won’t you take me home with you? I need a very loving owner and I need a nice place to live. You look like a nice person and someone who will love and cherish me forever. This bike shop gets awfully cold of a night and I often worry that no one will love and care for me and that I will have to live here for the rest of my life. Plus some of these bigger bikes are very nasty to me when no one is around. They make fun of me because I have these red wheels and they say I stand out from the crowd and I am not normal. You see, I really need some one special who will love and take care of me for the rest of my life and give me a nice warm home to live in. So please, won't you take me home with you? I promise to be a good bike for you and we will have many fun times together! Please don't leave me here as I want to be your special bike."

I must admit at first I felt kind of sad that I was walking away from my new dream bike. But I had to do this to make sure I was making the right decision, especially when I was spending a little more money than what I initially intended on spending.

But in the end I decided it's only money, you can't take it with you, and I said to myself I will just have to make more to replace what I am spending Smile. Besides Im not getting any younger and I want to enjoy what I can while I still can. So within the hour I rang the dealer back and said I will take her and asked when I can pick her up.

He said congratulations and I should be able to pick her up Monday afternoon or first thing Tuesday morning, as they wanted to check her over and make sure everything was right. As it turned out it was Tuesday morning when I picked her up and she seemed very happy to see me .

She told me later that day. That the salesman had stuck a sold sticker on her on the Friday afternoon and she was worried that someone else had brought her instead of me. She also said that the other bikes were very jelaous and said nasty things to her over the next few days, because she had found a new owner and was going to a new home. Even though they told her many times that no one would want or love her because of those red wheels.

Since owning her. I have had a couple of issues that were sorted out right away with no questions asked! We had a bit of a chat about it and it turns out the issues came about because of all the stress she was under from the other bikes who made fun of her and said nasty things to her when no one was around Laughing.

As for her name. I put alot of thought and consideration into choosing a suitable name and something which I think is special and a reflection of who she is. So I have named her Dorothy after Dorothy from the Wizard of OZ. Because I think my bike is just as beautiful as Judy Garland who played Dorothy in the Wizard of OZ. Plus Dorothy wore red shoes in the movie and my baby has red wheels Very Happy.

Dorothy seems very happy with her name and in her new home. She tells me she feels very special because she gets to live inside the house with me and my very chatty cat.

Since owning Dorothy I have been buying lots of mods to personalize her and I still have more mods on my list that I would like to buy for her. But these are mainly carbon fibre mods. I have not had a great deal of time to fit any of the things I have brought just yet. But I hope to put them on in the near future. I also purchased a custom number plate for her last week and decided on a silver plate with black custom designed letters and numbers.

I wonder if anyone can guess what the plate combination is Laughing?

Anyway I hope I haven't bored too many of you with my introduction and as they say a picture speaks a thousand words! So here is a couple of photos of my baby Dorothy.

Back to top Go down
http://www.kawariders.com.au
Bood

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-02-26
Male

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Sun Nov 22 2009, 16:17

My bike just told me that it thinks Dorothy is HOT!!!

Welcome to the forum... Maybe one day soon our bikes will meet on a ride...
Back to top Go down
dekker6

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Male

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Sun Nov 22 2009, 16:47

Welcome, That is beautiful LOVE AFFAIR. Hope our bikes meet up soon. flower flower flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.dekkers.com.au
dekker6

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Male

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Sun Nov 22 2009, 16:57

i also showed dorothy to bluey, my ninja and he says Dorothy is one hot looking, babe. Looking forward to meet on the next ride
Back to top Go down
http://www.dekkers.com.au
raceworx

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-07-12
Male

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Sun Nov 22 2009, 16:59

Welcome .....nice FLAMES
Back to top Go down
DJ cornerman X dream

Number of posts : 1325
Registration date : 2009-02-16
Male

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Sun Nov 22 2009, 17:10

Welcome CybaGirl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Sun Nov 22 2009, 17:52

welcome to the site cybagirl and here comes a rep point for Dorothy coz i reckon shes hot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Sun Nov 22 2009, 17:54

Welcome to NSWR Cybagirl Smile

If the weather holds we are having a ride tomorrow night, come along if you can Smile
Back to top Go down
(ZIP)Ty

Number of posts : 1406
Registration date : 2008-08-18
Male

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Sun Nov 22 2009, 18:40

Welcome hope to see you both on a ride soon
Back to top Go down
Kris

Number of posts : 2542
Registration date : 2008-08-19
Male

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Sun Nov 22 2009, 19:01

Wow....Welcome to NSWR Cybagirl

Riding should be fun.
Riding within your limits makes it enjoyable.
Riding over the limits is challenging and risk yourself.

NSW Rider Member # 1
Back to top Go down
scott

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-09-17
Male

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Sun Nov 22 2009, 19:17

Welcome
Back to top Go down
BBNorm

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2008-08-18
Male

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Sun Nov 22 2009, 21:46

Welcome Cybagirl. Nice bike.
Back to top Go down
Rossco

Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2009-03-31
Male

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Sun Nov 22 2009, 21:52

Welcome to NSWR forum
Back to top Go down
http://black12345@optusnet.com.au
VFR

Number of posts : 3762
Registration date : 2008-08-17
Male

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Sun Nov 22 2009, 23:11

welcome to the forum bounce
Back to top Go down
nadnerb1986

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-11-04
Male

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Mon Nov 23 2009, 12:49

Welcome, Love the intro by the way.
Back to top Go down
timmah

Number of posts : 1518
Registration date : 2009-04-09
Male

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Mon Nov 23 2009, 13:42

welcome to the forum CybaGirl
Back to top Go down
cookie boy

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2008-10-13
Male

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Mon Nov 23 2009, 14:53

Awesome story, welcome
Back to top Go down
Ed
Admin

Number of posts : 6587
Registration date : 2008-08-04
Male

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Mon Nov 23 2009, 15:57

Welcome to the site Dorothy. Oh and you too Cyba girl.

NSW Rider Member # 3
FarRider Member # 481
FR10 # 16 Euston NSW
FR10 # 17 Eungella QLD
FR10 # 18 Nambucca Heads NSW
FR10 # 19 Lightning Ridge NSW
FR10 # 20 Renmark SA
FR10 # 22 Nambucca Heads NSW
FR10 # 23 Bathurst NSW (via Wagga)
FR12 # 26 Mallacoota Vic
FR12 Gold # 28 Nambucca Heads NSW
FR10 #30 Cooroy QLD
FR10 # 37 Texas QLD
Back to top Go down
63special

Number of posts : 1422
Registration date : 2009-06-27
Female

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Mon Nov 23 2009, 17:19

You're a freak cybagirl [and I mean that in the nicest possible way]. Very Happy

Oh god, I'm in love. I can totally see why you took Dorothy home.

Welcome. Can't wait to go for a ride with you!
Back to top Go down
Cameron

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2008-08-17
Male

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Mon Nov 23 2009, 17:49

Good to see its in the house..
and welcome
Back to top Go down
coda

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-09-28
Male

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Mon Nov 23 2009, 21:56

Welcome to the madness anyone who has owned, ridden and survived the RZ500 rocks

I also grew up with strokers tricking up LC350's
Back to top Go down
CybaGirl™

Number of posts : 1405
Registration date : 2009-11-22
Female

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   Sat Nov 28 2009, 09:54

Hey everyone and thank you very much for all your warm welcomes! Very much appreciated

I look forward to catching up with you all on one of the rides!

Take care and stay upright as they say!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kawariders.com.au
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.   

Back to top Go down

Another n00bie and come meet Dorothy.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1